Be aware - reduce the risk of self-interest threats.
Expanded competition in financial statement audits have made public accounting firms worried about preserving the happiness of their clients while preserving their bottom line. In some cases that can cause the risk of ethical threats to be on the rise. This video reviews real life examples of self-interest ethical threats.
Michael J. Stevenson, CPA, CFE, CFF, ABV
Blue & Co., LLC
- Head of Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting at Blue & Co., LLC
- Concentrates time performing litigation advisory services, forensic accounting, and expert witness testimony for matters related to business valuations, damages, lost profits, contract disputes, marital dissolution, quality of earnings analysis, and related matters
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified in Financial Forensics, and Accredited in Business Valuation, with over 30 years of experience and responsibilities in financial and corporate management, primarily in the retail industry
- Has experience in many industries including, but not limited to, retail, food service, distribution, financial services, construction, health care, manufacturing, franchises, insurance, transportation, and e-commerce
- Licenses, memberships, and leadership positions in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and National Kidney Foundation Board of Directors – Regional President, National Board Member
- Master’s degree in accounting, The Ohio State University; B.S.B.A. degree with a concentration in finance, The Ohio State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.