Avoid this type of threat when dealing with audits.
Raised competition in financial statement audits are putting public accounting firms in a position of managing a balance between keeping clients happy and maintaining relationships while keeping a close look at their bottom like and keeping a profit coming in. When faced with this situation, accounting firms still need to meet bonus promises and bank covenants which means they will have to do more with less staff. When times are tough, the line of ethical boundaries can sometimes get blurred. This video reviews intimidation ethical threats and offers real life examples.
Michael J. Stevenson, CPA, CFE, CFF, ABV
Blue & Co., LLC
- Head of Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting at Blue & Co., LLC
- Concentrates time performing litigation advisory services, forensic accounting, and expert witness testimony for matters related to business valuations, damages, lost profits, contract disputes, marital dissolution, quality of earnings analysis, and related matters
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified in Financial Forensics, and Accredited in Business Valuation, with over 30 years of experience and responsibilities in financial and corporate management, primarily in the retail industry
- Has experience in many industries including, but not limited to, retail, food service, distribution, financial services, construction, health care, manufacturing, franchises, insurance, transportation, and e-commerce
- Licenses, memberships, and leadership positions in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and National Kidney Foundation Board of Directors – Regional President, National Board Member
- Master’s degree in accounting, The Ohio State University; B.S.B.A. degree with a concentration in finance, The Ohio State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.