New IRS audit issues and enforcement measures have been put into place.
One of the new changes is the BBA Partnership Audit Regime. The current regime for auditing partnerships was resulting in a lot of work for the IRS and needed to be streamlined. Enter the BBA Partnership Regime that Congress passed to begin January 1, 2018. Our speakers discuss the Election Out Section 6221(b) and the Push Out Regime and Overall Procedure. Another big change was the new tax laws. Watch this video for updates on how tax reform has affected individuals, enforcement of penalties and collections, international provisions and the passport revocation program.
Matthew D. Lee
Fox Rothschild LLP
- Partner in the Philadelphia office of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Former U.S. Department of Justice trial attorney
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of white collar criminal defense and federal tax controversies
- Advises clients on FATCA and FBAR reporting requirements and IRS voluntary disclosure programs
- Counsels foreign banks on FATCA compliance issues
- Author of The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Answer Book 2017 (Practising Law Institute)
- Frequent speaker and writer on issues relating to the IRS voluntary disclosure programs, DOJ/IRS enforcement efforts regarding undeclared foreign bank accounts, and FBAR and FATCA rules and regulations
- Member of the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and District of Columbia Bars
- J.D. degree, Emory University School of Law; B.A. degree, Furman University
- Can be contacted at 215-299-2765 or [email protected]
- Partner with Fox Rothschild LLP
- Former certified public accountant who focuses her practice on tax controversy, tax compliance and tax planning for clients with difficult and sophisticated tax issues
- Extensive experience handling cases involving IRS focused compliance regimes including for clients who invested in listed transactions, conservation easements, captive insurance arrangements, and clients who own marijuana businesses
- Experience as a CPA makes her uniquely qualified to address the issues of the marijuana industry, which are a unique blend of accounting and legal considerations
- Counsels accountants faced with professional liability issues
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University Law School; M.S. and B.B.A. degrees in accounting, Texas A&M University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.