What are the anticipated changes in leasing behavior?
As the financial influence over real estate increases over time the industry will start to see big drivers in real estate departments that are traditionally left on their own. There will be clearer identification inside leases. There is also movement afoot to standardize leases and, similar to the insurance industry, have a boilerplate lease with a declaration sheet that identifies all of the business terms. This video reviews the potential changes to lease forms and offers strategic planning tips in light of the new standard.
Marc E. Betesh, Esq., MCR.h
- Founder and CEO of KBA Lease Services, the leading lease auditing firm, and Visual Lease, the #1 lease optimization software provider
- Practiced law in New York City where he negotiated commercial leases; as an attorney, Betesh became widely recognized as an expert on commercial lease negotiation, lease interpretation, and expense reimbursement clauses; during this time, he conceived the idea of lease auditing and introduced it to the commercial real estate industry, which led him to create his two companies
- Instrumental in shaping the foundation of lease accounting standards in the industry, which are still in practice today, making him a thought leader on the standards (GASB 87, ASC 842, and IFRS 16)
- Regarded as top-rated faculty at CoreNet Global Learning and often lectures on lease topics at New York University’s Real Estate Institute, American Bar Association, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Practicing Law Institute, ICSC, Lorman Education Services, and the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Active member of the New York and New Jersey Bars
- 2018 and 2019 Finalist for The EY Entrepreneur of the Year New Jersey Awards
- KBA was the pioneer of commercial lease auditing in 1985 and remains the signature firm in the industry; it has represented thousands of companies in almost every leasing market within the U.S., helping them to eliminate overcharges in their commercial leases; Visual Lease is the #1 lease optimization software provider that helps organizations become compliant with FASB, IFRS, and GASB lease accounting standards, while simultaneously improving the financial, legal, and operational performance of their leases; it incorporates numerous lessons learned through KBA’s work and is one of the top systems in its field, used by 800+ organizations to manage 500,000+ real estate, equipment, and other leased assets
- In 2021, Visual Lease was named a Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBIZ and ranked in the top 20% of the Inc. 5000 list and included in The Deloitte Fast 500™ for the second consecutive year; the organization was also included on the list of The Top 100 Software Companies of 2021 by The SoftWare Report and honored with a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Fastest Growing Company of the Year category in The 19th Annual American Business Awards®
- J.D. degree, Georgetown University; B.A. degree, Temple University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or www.visuallease.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.