The FCA is the fraud enforcement vehicle of choice.
Recent efforts made by the Department of Justice’s Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team, changes to FCA’s public disclosure bar and other fraud enforcements initiatives helped increase fraud recoveries. In fact, since January 2009, $14.5 billion have recovered. Our speaker reviews false claims act risk areas, Qui Tam and whistleblower provisions and required repayments.
Robert A. Wade, Esq.
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner in the office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of health care compliance, including developing, monitoring, and documentation of an effective compliance program
- Served as the compliance expert to the Board of Commissioners of Halifax Health, advising the hospital on all aspects of their corporate integrity agreement
- Has experience in representing health care clients with respect to issues being investigated by the Department of Justice and the Office of Inspector General and negotiating and implementing Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Assists clients in documenting and defending financial arrangements between health care providers, including referring physicians, as being fair market value and commercially reasonable
- Has operationally practical experience, having served as a general counsel and organizational integrity officer for a multihospital system for 6 1/2 years
- Host of Stark Integrity: The Stark Law and Compliance Podcast
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous health care laws, which includes the False Claims Act, Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of health care law
- Best Lawyers In America®, health care law, 2009-2014; Indiana Super Lawyers, 2009-2015
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Bowling Green State University
- Can be contacted at 574-237-1107 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.