Make sure your company is familiar with the requirements that must be met to classify an employee as exempt.
Generally, two requirements must be met to classify an employee as exempt under the “white-collar” exemption. They must earn a salary of $455 or more per week; and hold a position with duties the U.S. Department of Labor designates as appropriate for exempt positions. This video reviews the executive and administrative employee checklist, as well as the learned and creative professional employee checklist; and wage and hour exemptions and the salary basis test.
Noah A. Frank
- Attorney in the Chicago office of SmithAmundsen LLC, in the Labor & Employment Practice Group, Data Privacy, Security & Litigation Group, and the Medical Cannabis Counsel Team
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment law, including mandated leave, discrimination, handling difficult employees effectively, and agency matters
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers’ compensation, unemployment, anti-discrimination/harassment, wage garnishments, properly paying hourly employees, and employment misclassification issues (exempt/nonexempt/independent contractor)
- Author of several publications related to the areas of employment, workers’ compensation, cannabis and marijuana
- Member of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Business Advisory Board, Employment Law Council, Cannabis Regulation Working Committee; University of Illinois College of Law, Alumni Board; Chicago Bar Association, Leadership Institute Steering Committee; American Bar Association, Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee; Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce; River North Business Association
- J.D. degree, University of Illinois College of Law; M.H.R.I.R. degree, University of Illinois Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations; B.A. degree, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Can be contacted at 312-623-7265 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.