Business social media channels have expanded the reach of communication but are rules being broken?
Recognizing that LinkedIn®, Twitter® and even Facebook® are being utilized every day by lawyers, the New York Bar has issued Social Media Ethics Guidelines to assist lawyers to navigate multiple issues. There are major concerns when it comes to using these different social media outlets. Bar associations have rules on bar-approved certifications, mandatory disclaimers, and direct solicitation; all of which can easily and unintentionally be broken with social media. That doesn’t come close to the major problem of inadvertently creating a client relationship online. This video reviews different ethical issues that social media can cause if you aren’t careful.
Stuart M. Gerson
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Former Acting Attorney General of the United States, Assistant Attorney General, and federal prosecutor with hands-on enforcement and policy experience with respect to antitrust and data privacy and security
- Experience in counseling and defending companies in antitrust litigation, including the successful court defenses of recent hospital mergers and other healthcare-related cases
- Successful defense of class action litigation related to the privacy of both PII and PHI
- Broad successful litigation and counseling experience with respect to the Federal False Claims Act and other fraud actions
- As a corporate director, head of a compliance committee in a heavily data-centric industry
- Director of National Council of Registered ISAOs, related to the adoption of best cyber practices and the fostering of public/private partnerships
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.