Rule #1 – No Lying Allowed. But what about puffery?
The ABA rule clearly states you cannot lie. It’s unethical. But then there is that added line in the comments about “generally accepted conventions in negotiating” being ethical. And so begins the delicate balance of not lying, while using generally accepted conventions in negotiating … or puffery. Our speaker, Matthew White, says “Puff Away!” and reviews the distinction between puffery and dishonesty.
Matthew N. White
Monty White LLP
- Partner with Monty White LLP, San Rafael, CA (personal injury litigation)
- Mediator with Resolution Remedies, San Rafael
- Judge pro tem, San Francisco and Marin Counties
- Past president, Marin County Bar Association
- Co-author, Mastering Mediation, Thomson Reuters, 2012
- Adjunct professor, University of San Francisco School of Law (Mediation, Civil Procedure), 2012-present)
- Frequent lecturer on trial practice, personal injury law, ethics
- J.D. degree, UC Hastings School of Law, San Francisco
- Can be contacted at 415-226-4040 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.