Are nonrefundable fees ethical?
Nonrefundable fees, set fees, flat fees ... different descriptions for the same fee. The question is, is this type of fee ethical? The answer is generally, yes, in one form or another in all jurisdictions except Minnesota. Many lawyers don't fully understand the rules and ethical considerations of this type of fee in their jurisdiction. This video reviews tips and information to ensure lawyers will know how to comply with the rules related to nonrefundable fees.
Joseph A. Corsmeier, Esq.
The Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
• Founder and president/owner of The Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
• Practices primarily in the areas of attorney disciplinary defense before the Florida Bar, attorney admission matters before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, professional license and disciplinary matters before the boards of the state of Florida
• Provides expert analysis and opinions on ethics issues, legal malpractice, conflicts of interest, fees, attorney dis-qualification, and other matters and has testified as an expert in both federal and Florida courts
• Frequent speaker and has written numerous publications on topics including ethics and professionalism, law office management, fees, trust accounting, social media, technology, conflicts of interest, and other topics
• Holds the highest lawyer rating with Martindale-Hubbell and AVVO Law Directories; designated as a Super Lawyer
• Admitted to practice in all Florida courts, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Ap-peals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Middle District of Florida
• Member of the American Bar Association, the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and the Clear-water and St. Petersburg Bar Associations; served as director of the Clearwater Bar Association, 2004-2009, and president, 2009-2010
• Adjunct professor of paralegal ethics at St. Petersburg College
• J.D. degree, Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law; B.A. degree, Florida State University
• Can be contacted at 727-799-1688 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.