The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affected the three prongs of the federal wealth transfer tax system.
Estate tax got a lot of press in the lead up to tax reform. For years Republicans talked about repealing the estate tax and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act didn’t end up repealing the estate tax but if made a significant change to the estate tax. The TCJA also changed the gift tax and generation skipping transfer tax. This video reviews the changes with estate, gift and generation skipping transfer taxes.
McDermott Will & Emery
- Partner in the Washington, D.C. office of McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of estates, trusts and transfer tax planning
- Conducts seminars and workshops on numerous gift and estate tax matters
- Admitted to the D.C. and Virginia bars; member of the Washington D.C. Estate Planning Council
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia School of Law; B.A. degree, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 202-756-8408 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.