Learn practical estate planning techniques for vacation homes.
Estate planning deals with many different types of assets and each estate will look different from the next. Dealing with a vacation home is unlike any other asset and needs to be properly planned for. This video reviews three approaches to planning for the family vacation home, a tenancy in common subject to an ownership agreement, an irrevocable trust, and a limited liability company.
Russell A. Willis, III, J.D., LL.M.
Planned Gift Design Services
- Manager of noncash research for Charitable Solutions, LLC, a planned gift risk management consulting firm headed by Bryan Clontz
- Works as a freelance paralegal consultant with nonprofits, donors, and their advisors in structuring charitable contributions of closely held business and real property interests, so as to serve the mutual advantage of all parties
- Provides legal research and advice on income and transfer tax planning more generally, and writes the occasional trial or appellate brief
- For ten years, he was a writer and editor for a subscription website that provided daily coverage and in-depth analysis of developments in tax law affecting charitable gift planning
- More recently he has launched his own newsletter, the Jack Straw Fortnightly, back issues of which are posted to his website https://www.plannedgiftdesign.com/
- Has spoken at any number of national and regional conferences, and to local planned giving roundtables, community foundations, and bar associations; some of his recent papers are also posted to his site
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University; M.A. degree in English, University of Chicago; M.A. degree in taxation law, Washington University in St. Louis; undergraduate degree in English literature, Indiana University Bloomington
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.