Set the tone for the project with clearly defined roles.
Governance is the structure that is put into place to make sure there is a clear understanding of who is responsible for what decisions. The project manager has the authority to make final decisions that affect the desired outcomes, requirements, scope, budget, schedule, and team members. While governance requires clearly defined roles and escalation paths the project structure may not always mimic the operational structure.
Lisa-Ann Barnes, PMP, Project+
- President of BluePontoon
- More than 25 years’ experience in project management in multiple industries and business functions
- Developed an adaptable methodology for project management and has implemented it successfully in many companies
- Helps organizations, teams, and individuals improve their project management capabilities through strategy development, project management office implementations, and training
- On-site, virtual, self-paced training classes on several project management topics
- Author of several books about project management
- Adjunct faculty at Northwestern University and recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Excellence Award
- Certified as Project Management Professional from Project Management Institute and Project+ from CompTIA
- B.S. degree in finance, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.