Recordkeeping is key.
The Golden Rule of Employers: Document Everything. Record EVERY workplace violation. The record should show what rule was violated, what discipline was applied, what steps will be taken to ensure that the problem does not occur in the future; and employees should sign and date the disciplinary notice. This type of recordkeeping will help protect employers from discrimination and other claims. This video reviews why you need the record and the importance of documenting the improvement plan.
Alaniz Law & Associates, PLLC
- Associate attorney at Alaniz Law & Associates, PLLC
- Author of the Texas Labor Law Blog (https://texaslaborlawblog.com/)
- Conducted seminars and workshops at the United Way, AmericanHort, HR Houston and many other groups
- Regularly support clients facing investigations concerning wage and hour, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment charges by government agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor
- J.D. degree, University of Iowa; M.A. degree in curriculum and instruction, B.A. degree in philosophy and political science, Ohio State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.