There are exceptions to almost every rule.
When there is a violation of a rule, it is important that you take the opportunity to speak with the employee to see what caused the workplace violation. Oftentimes, there may be a reason for the incident that either mitigates the punishment required or eliminates it altogether. Some workplace violations may even be caused by an employee’s protected status or characteristic. This video reviews the importance of making sure your leaders are checking to see if there are extenuating circumstances when dealing with discipling or termination.
Alaniz Law & Associates, PLLC
- Associate attorney at Alaniz Law & Associates, PLLC
- Author of the Texas Labor Law Blog (https://texaslaborlawblog.com/)
- Conducted seminars and workshops at the United Way, AmericanHort, HR Houston and many other groups
- Regularly support clients facing investigations concerning wage and hour, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment charges by government agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor
- J.D. degree, University of Iowa; M.A. degree in curriculum and instruction, B.A. degree in philosophy and political science, Ohio State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.