Lean what happens when medication histories go wrong.
There are legal issues with medication history and administration. Negligence standards apply to the people who are most often found to be negligent in the system. The system draws a line between clinicians, those who prescribe drugs, and pharmacists, those who fills drugs, and the intermediary doctrine that puts a wall between these two positions in terms of exposure to liability. This video reviews the negligence standards and discusses the Common Professional Errors Tables and best practices to avoid these errors.
Barker, Castro & Steinback, LLC
- Partner at Barker, Castro & Steinback, LLC in Chicago
- Practice focuses on medical malpractice, long-term care defense, and the formation of captive insurance companies; he defends hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, physician groups, individual physicians and nurses in medical malpractice, and long-term care negligence cases
- Has particular expertise in cases involving complex and catastrophic losses, product liability, and compliance issues
- Consults and advises hospitals and other healthcare facilities on restructuring risk management processes and compliance issues
- National supervising counsel for two national insurance collectives and works to assist doctors and hospitals in forming captive insurance companies, risk retention groups, and risk purchasing groups
- Frequently speaks to medical and legal professionals regarding topics related to healthcare litigation and has written or co-written multiple publications and has written, edited, presented, and/or co-presented multiple lectures covering a range of topics in medical malpractice
- Graduate, Chicago-Kent College of Law; undergraduate, Bates College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-447-3212
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.