While enforcing judgments there are many special issues to consider.
Bankruptcy is the most common issue that needs to be taken into consideration. Upon the filing of any bankruptcy it is important that all collection activities are stopped due to the rules of the automatic stay. The automatic stay prohibits the beginning or continuing of collection calls, among other things, against the debtor unless a judge lifts the stay, the debtor gets discharged or the item of property is no longer property of the estate. This video reviews the penalty that can be imposed upon the creditor if they continue the collection efforts; as well as foreign judgments, and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Jason R. Canvasser
Clark Hill PLC
- Senior attorney at Clark Hill PLC in the litigation practice group
- Practice areas include general litigation, with an emphasis on commercial litigation
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine, 2015-2016
- Member of the Wayne State Law Review
- J.D. degree, Wayne State University Law School; B.A. degree in political science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Can be contacted at 313-965-8257 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.