Who and what does the ADA cover?
A covered disability is considered a physical, or mental, impairment which substantially limits a person’s ability to perform a major life activity. Prior to the 2008 amendment changes it proved to be quite difficult for an employee to show that their disability substantially limited major life activities and in turn many cases were dismissed for failure to show that limitation. Since the amendment changes took place it is much easier for employees to show that their disability limits them. This video reviews who is covered by the ADA, what the ADA considers major life activities and discusses reasonable accommodation and undue harships.
- Partner in the Atlanta office of Seyfarth Shaw
- Practice focuses on defending litigation and agency investigations as well as counseling and advising employers across a wide array of industries with respect to wage-hour, leave, and discrimination laws
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous issues concerning leave laws and wage-hour laws
- Written a number of articles on wage-hour and leave law issues
- Member of the ABA and Georgia Bar, L&E Section
- Listed as Up & Coming in Labor & Employment by Chambers USA and as a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia; B.A. degree, with honors, University of Virginia
- Can be contacted at 404-888-1023 or [email protected]
- Associate in the Atlanta office of Seyfarth Shaw
- Represents and counsels employers on a wide range of employment related issues, including discrimination, leave, wage and hour, and restrictive covenants
- Conducts regular seminars on issues concerning employee leave under the FMLA and the ADA
- Written several articles on discrimination and leave issues
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Florida State University; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of South Florida
- Can be contacted at 404-881-5439 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.