While electronic signatures are becoming the norm, digital IDs are on the rise.
Like so many other forms of communication, identification is moving to video. We are seeing broad acceptance in the EU and likely headed to the U.S. soon. The Supervisory Authority of Germany issued new guidance on requirements for the use of video identification procedures effective June 15, 2017. This video reviews training and consent requirements for digital IDs; as well as audit and verification requirements.
Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Attorney and Evangelist for Adobe Systems Incorporated
- An attorney for more than 20 years, he has written and spoken extensively on issues related to electronic signatures and records
- Chairman of the Electronic Signature and Records Association
- Spoken at the annual Association of Corporate Counsel, and the American Bar Association Technology Conference
- Published articles on a variety of topics related to electronic transactions including simplifying legal workflows, the new EU electronic signature law, eIDAS and the challenges of electronic signature implementations
- Joined Adobe Systems in 2008 as legal lead for Adobe’s enterprise document solution, LiveCycle
- Prior to joining Adobe, he spent seven years as assistant general counsel at Intuit Inc., a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for consumers, small and mid-sized businesses, and accounting professionals; while there, he was the lead attorney supporting all product development company-wide including the establishment and ongoing support of the company’s product development operations in Bangalore
- Member of the California Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Santa Clara University
Nancy L. Perkins
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Counsel at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Advises clients on a wide range of data protection issues at the federal and state levels, including rules applicable to online communications and transactions as well as all types of uses and disclosures of financial, medical, and other sensitive personal information
- Assists clients in structuring their online service offerings and privacy policies to comply with applicable laws and best practices, taking into account technological and intellectual property issues associated with the expansion of electronic commerce and Internet activities
- Among other laws, she frequently provides counsel on the federal E-Sign Act and the state laws on electronic signatures and records, including implementations of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act; the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act; the Video Privacy Protection Act; the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA); the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act; the Fair Credit Reporting Act (as amended by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act); and as state privacy, security, and data breach notification
- Has a deep background in international law and advises clients on the US-EU Safe Harbor relating to the EU Data Protection Directive, as well as broader issues arising under the rapidly developing framework for global legal protection of personal information
- Also assists clients on financial data protection and works with them in responding to data security breaches generally, including through notifications to individuals and government authorities, as well as in defending against related litigation
- Written numerous articles on data privacy and security regulation, and is an Adviser on the American Law Institute’s current project to create a Restatement of Information Privacy Principles
- Has been ranked among America’s Leading Lawyers for Privacy & Data Security by Chambers USA every year since 2009, and ranked among the World’s Leading Lawyers for Privacy & Data Security (USA) by Chambers Global since 2010
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; M.P.P. degree, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government; A.B. degree, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.