The European Union tried to have an electronic signature law and got it wrong … at first.
The European Commission published its first eSignatures Directive in 1999. As a directive, it allowed the member states of the EU to interpret the new law and impose their own restrictions, limitations and exceptions. The result was a patchwork of differing laws with no mutual recognition. This brought about the passing of a new law, the Electronic Identification and Electronic Trust Services, which was effective in July 2016. This video discusses that there is a lot happening in the European Union, and it’s worth keeping an eye on the Asia Pacific regions as the three largest economies are taking a lot of policy initiatives in this area.
Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Attorney and Evangelist for Adobe Systems Incorporated
- An attorney for more than 20 years, he has written and spoken extensively on issues related to electronic signatures and records
- Chairman of the Electronic Signature and Records Association
- Spoken at the annual Association of Corporate Counsel, and the American Bar Association Technology Conference
- Published articles on a variety of topics related to electronic transactions including simplifying legal workflows, the new EU electronic signature law, eIDAS and the challenges of electronic signature implementations
- Joined Adobe Systems in 2008 as legal lead for Adobe’s enterprise document solution, LiveCycle
- Prior to joining Adobe, he spent seven years as assistant general counsel at Intuit Inc., a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for consumers, small and mid-sized businesses, and accounting professionals; while there, he was the lead attorney supporting all product development company-wide including the establishment and ongoing support of the company’s product development operations in Bangalore
- Member of the California Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Santa Clara University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.