One of the biggest mistakes that is often seen comes from using Internet sources and generic policies.
Treat sample schedules with caution. What you find online is only as good as the source in which they come from. Simple questions such as, determining if the schedules are in your industry, does the schedule address the laws governing your company, and are they based on states where you do business? This video reviews a few different traps for the unwary including, using Internet sources and generic policies, mishandling drafts, duplicate entries, and backup and software issues.
Karen A. Monsen
Caldwell East & Finlayson, PLLC
- Partner in the law firm of Caldwell East & Finlayson, PLLC
- Practice areas include employment law, commercial litigation, technology contracts, and intellectual property with an emphasis on electronic discovery, forensic investigations, cybersecurity, and document retention and destruction implementation
- Recognized as a San Antonio Business Journal outstanding lawyer in labor and employment in part based on her work in cybersecurity and forensic investigations of employee wrongdoing, obtaining numerous court orders to protect employer interests
- Conducts frequent seminars and workshops on cybersecurity, e-discovery, employment law, and document retention, including for example, “What HR Professionals Need to Know About Cybersecurity,” “Employee Document Retention and Destruction Policies and Strategies,” “Right to Work Laws in Texas,” “Electronic Record Retention: Mistakes HR Professionals Can Avoid,” “Privacy, Social Media, and Technology Issues,” “Keep Calm and E-Discover On"
- Writes articles related to the areas of employment law and major contributor to e-discovery textbook published by the State Bar of Texas; “Employment Law Issues When Buying and Selling A Business in Uncertain Times”; When First Amendment Rights Collide” published in San Antonio Lawyer magazine
- Programs director for the San Antonio chapter of ARMA
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.