HR and IT departments working closely together is vital when dealing with electronic records.
It’s all about location, location, location. Both the IT and HR department can help locate all documents whether they are in a physical repository or in a cloud-based storage or within software databases. Understanding the risk of keeping track of, and protecting, these critical records should help keep your company safeguarded against the risk of an attack. This video reviews training on how to detect intrusions and attacks and how to identify areas of risk within your industry.
Karen A. Monsen
Caldwell East & Finlayson, PLLC
- Partner in the law firm of Caldwell East & Finlayson, PLLC
- Practice areas include employment law, commercial litigation, technology contracts, and intellectual property with an emphasis on electronic discovery, forensic investigations, cybersecurity, and document retention and destruction implementation
- Recognized as a San Antonio Business Journal outstanding lawyer in labor and employment in part based on her work in cybersecurity and forensic investigations of employee wrongdoing, obtaining numerous court orders to protect employer interests
- Conducts frequent seminars and workshops on cybersecurity, e-discovery, employment law, and document retention, including for example, “What HR Professionals Need to Know About Cybersecurity,” “Employee Document Retention and Destruction Policies and Strategies,” “Right to Work Laws in Texas,” “Electronic Record Retention: Mistakes HR Professionals Can Avoid,” “Privacy, Social Media, and Technology Issues,” “Keep Calm and E-Discover On"
- Writes articles related to the areas of employment law and major contributor to e-discovery textbook published by the State Bar of Texas; “Employment Law Issues When Buying and Selling A Business in Uncertain Times”; When First Amendment Rights Collide” published in San Antonio Lawyer magazine
- Programs director for the San Antonio chapter of ARMA
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.