Workplace harassment has been a hot topic in the news lately.
The EEOC is the primary federal agency that is charged with administering the federal anti-discrimination laws, namely Title VII, the ADEA, the ADA, the EPA, and try to prevent retaliation under those same statutes as well. There are many types of discrimination but by in large the EEOC enforces the laws to deal with these issues. Watch this video for information on the EEOC strategic enforcement priorities for the upcoming years and the impact of the #metoo movement and harassment.
Burton D. Garland, Jr.
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Employment practice includes litigating employment discrimination matters under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Federal False Claims Act, and the various state counterparts to these federal laws
- Practice includes union avoidance counseling and campaigns, elections, objections to elections, R-Case strategy and litigation, collective bargaining, strikes and injunctions, arbitration, and unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Practice includes advising clients on employment-related matters and drafting personnel policies, employment contracts, severance agreements, and employee handbooks
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, St. Louis University; B.S.B.A. degree, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at 314-802-3953 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.