What is burnout?
Burnout can be different for each person. It can feel like fatigue, no matter how much someone rests or sleeps. Exhaustion that runs deeper than sleep deprivation, and it cannot be cured by a few days off. It can be cynicism about life or a feeling that nothing a person does really matters. Burned-out people are generally disengaged. Burnout syndrome is not a medically recognized condition, thus there is no clear diagnosis or treatment. It is often misdiagnosed as anxiety, fatigue, or depression. This video reviews what being burned out is and discusses steps for beating burnout.
Brian S. Quinn
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- Currently serves as the Education and Outreach Coordinator for Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of Pennsylvania, Inc., a Lawyer Assistance Program established for the purpose of helping lawyers, judges, and law students recover from alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health disorders
- Member of the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
- Been a private practitioner for over 40 years, having litigated both civil and criminal matters during his career
- Worked in the field of Alcohol and Drug Counseling in suburban Philadelphia, allowing him to gain both practical and clinical experience with individuals suffering from alcohol, substance use, and mental health disorders
- Has written articles and made presentations on many lawyer wellness topics to law firms, Bar Associations, professional organizations, and legal education providers on a state, national, and international level
- Licensed attorney in Pennsylvania
- J.D. degree and a certificate in drug and alcohol counseling, Villanova University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.