Learn tips to safeguard the board member attorney.
As board members of a nonprofit corporation you have fiduciary duties to that corporate entity, or nonprofit, of which you are serving on the board. These exist whether or not you are an attorney. These are standards of care that must be considered. This video reviews the business judgment rule, the standards of conduct; and provides tips on how to avoid issues outside of board meetings.
David A. Firmin
Altitude Community Law
- Managing partner with the law firm of Altitude Community Law, P.C.
- Has an extensive background in real estate law and development issues including formation and creation of homeowners associations
- Formerly worked with Ryland Homes and K. Hovnanian Homes handling land acquisitions, land entitlements, corporate governance and special districts
- Worked with the Wheat Ridge Housing Authority and the Douglas County Housing Partnership setting up homeowner associations for low-income affordable housing developments
- Served on the CAI-RMC Spring Showcase Committee for multiple years, has been a presenter at the CAI – Law Seminar and is a current member of the CLAC
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.