Make sure you know what you want the purchase agreement to say in terms of due diligence.
When it come to the due diligence terms there are many areas to consider from starting with the time periods for due diligence examinations in the agreement. It’s important to confirm with the client that the time periods are sufficient. It’s possible that there could be a need for different periods for different examinations. This video reviews the importance of time frames, inspection of materials, seller representations on due diligence materials, and the ramifications of due diligience.
Larry N. Woodard
- Partner of real estate practice group of the Chicago office of Honigman LLP
- Practice emphasis in all areas of real estate law, including commercial real estate transactions, real estate development, joint ventures, real estate-based lending, loan workouts, foreclosures, construction law and mechanics liens
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, developers, regional and national banks, institutional investors, special servicers, higher education institutions, units of local government, REITs, contractors, landlords, tenants, receivers and real estate brokers
- Noted speaker and writer on a variety of real estate topics
- Completing acquisition, economic incentives, leasing and complete redevelopment of 1.6 million square food corporate headquarters
- Recently completed one of the largest investments of Chinese capital in the country
- Publishing a treatise on reciprocal easement agreements and vertical subdivisions
- Adjunct professor of law, The John Marshall Law School
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the American, Illinois State and Chicago Bar Associations
- J.D. degree, LL.M. and B.S. degrees in real estate, University of Illinois and The John Marshall Law School
- Can be contacted at 312-701-9331 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.