Asking that question is a good thing but chances are you are probably not.
Trying to be in compliance and follow the law is very important but it is also very difficult to be in compliance when dealing with drop shipments as there are many questions with varying nuances. Start by asking two main questions, which are specific on a state by state basis, and often have exceptions. Are your goods/services taxable in each jurisdiction? Do you have substantial nexus in each jurisdiction? This video reviews what to do if you answered no to these questions and discusses options to become compliant.
Matthew E. Foreman, J.D., LL.M.
Falcon Rappaport & Berkman LLP
- Managing attorney at Law Offices of Matthew E. Foreman, P.C.
- Practice is limited to taxation
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on a variety of areas in taxation, specifically tax considerations for businesses entering the United States and sales and use taxes post-Wayfair
- Admitted to practice law in New York State and admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court; New York City Bar Association; member, State and Local Tax Committee; chair, Subcommittee on Standards of Review and Statutory Interpretation; member, Subcommittee on Continuing Legal Education; member, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Committee; New York State Bar Association; member, Tax Section
- Rated as a New York Metro Rising Star by SuperLawyers in the field of taxation
- LL.M. degree in taxation, New York University School of Law; J.D. degree, The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law; B.S. degree, University at Albany, State University of New York
- Can be contacted at 212-426-3841 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.