You’ve conducted the investigation, you’ve interviewed all the players, and you believe you have a sense of what happened. What do you do know?
The written record is incredibly important to memorialize the details that need to be memorialized. You need to be able to prove how prompt and how thorough the investigation was as those are the legal requirements. However, you also need to be careful about how you write the investigative report as the document could end up in front of the EEOC or in the hands of an outside lawyer in a lawsuit. This video reviews common mistakes with the investigative report and how to take appropriate corrective action.
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Partner in Denver office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, with particular emphasis on EEOC and OFCCP class action litigation and systemic discrimination investigations
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous key labor and employment areas including, but not limited to, EEOC and OFCCP defense, affirmative action compliance, conducting workplace investigations, and FLSA and ADA/FMLA compliance
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of the EEOC and OFCCP’s systemic discrimination initiatives and FLSA/wage and hour collective and class actions
- Former in-house head of International Labor & Employment compliance at The WhiteWave Foods Company and The Gates Corporation
- J.D. degree, University of Denver Sturm College of Law; B.A. degree in political science, Amherst College
- Can be contacted at 303-583-9918 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.