Learn why the draft and review process is important went reflecting decisions made during meetings.
Immediately after a meeting is over, a draft of the meeting minutes should be prepared by the meeting minute taker and should be clearly marked as the draft version. The meeting minute taker should circulate draft minutes for review by the leader of the meeting, presenters at the meeting, and other attendees present at the meeting. It is advisable to note in meeting minutes that a decision was reached even if no formal action was approved or a vote was taken. Informal approvals may be reflected in the minutes by using wording such as the managers in the meeting indicted their support for a particular proposal, etc. This video reviews the process of outlining the minutes of the meeting agenda, the drafting and review process, and the approval of the minutes. Our speaker also discusses the importance of having a procedure in place for the destruction of draft minutes.
Governance Partners Group, LLC
- President of Governance Partners Group, LLC
- Professional focus is exclusively in the corporate governance arena
- Governance Partners Group specializes in providing external corporate secretary and related corporate governance services to companies and other organizations that seek to outsource all or a portion of their Office of the Corporate Secretary operations
- Served the Society for Corporate Governance as chair of the Society’s Private Companies Committee, 2013-2016, and a member of the Society’s national Board of Directors, 2009-2013
- Serve Private Directors Association as vice president and corporate secretary
- J.D. degree, Case Western Reserve University; M.B.A. degree, Central Michigan University; B.S. degree, Allegheny College
- Can be contacted at 770-815-4445 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.