Receive guidance and practical tips for trust termination.
Whether or not the termination is an early or standard termination, once a termination is approved, the end process is the same. There are some general ways to draft a trust to terminate early, which is done per the trustee’s discretion, including small trust termination, early termination, by power of appointment and decanting. This video reviews each of these different methods.
Stacey P. Nakasian, Esq.
Duffy & Sweeney, LTD
- Partner in the Providence, R.I. law firm of Duffy & Sweeney, LTD where she chairs the Litigation Department
- More than 26 years of experience as a commercial litigation and trial lawyer with a specialty in trust and fiduciary law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers as Lawyer-of-the-Year, 2015, for the categories of litigation-trusts and estates; included in the Top 50 Female New England Super Lawyers, 2013; named as “Leader in the Field” of commercial litigation by Chambers USA for years
- J.D. degree, Order of the Coif, The George Washington University Law School; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Virginia
Lauren K. Drury, J.D.
Washington Trust Wealth Management
Lauren K. Drury, J.D. is Vice President & Chief Wealth Management Fiduciary Officer with Washington Trust Wealth Management. She manages large and complex trust relationships, the settlement of complex estates, the management of departmental risk through document review, litigation oversight and assistance in the development of fiduciary policies and procedures to be carried out and followed by trust administration staff. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Drury worked as an attorney specializing in estate planning and probate law at the law firm of Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd., and as financial advisor with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. She also served as counsel specializing in commercial lending and finance at the DiOrio Law Office and Sager & Schaffer, LLP. Lauren holds a B.A. degree from Muhlenberg College and a J.D. degree from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law. A licensed attorney in the Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and the United States District Courts, Lauren is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association. She is a long time member of the Board of Directors of the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities and is a Commissioner for the East Greenwich, Rhode Island Historic District Commission.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.