Learn how to describe dispute resolution, choice of law, and choice of forum.
Mediation is a private, non-binding proceeding in which the parties attempt to reach a resolution by settlement. Arbitration is a private, binding proceeding, typically involving less time but with reduced procedural protections and appellate rights. Court/civil litigation is public, requires longer to resolve but affords greater procedural protection and appellate rights. This video reviews these different types of proceedings and discusses how choice of forum can greatly affect the cost and difficulty of litigation.
Francis X. Taney, Jr.
Taney Legal LLC
- 25 years of experience with both negotiation of professional service contracts and litigation arising from such contracts
- Tried approximately 50 cases to verdict or award in bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and other administrative proceedings
- Has coordinated the legal strategies for close to 100 technology-based startup companies
- Recognized by The Legal Intelligencer with the Lawyer on the Fast Track award, named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, and named to the SmartCEO's Legal Elite list
- Featured legal commentator on Fox Business Network “Money for Breakfast” and CNBC “Power Lunch” segments
- Selected published works include: "Technology Transactions and Effective Litigation Management," chapter, Inside the Minds: Technology Law Client Strategies, 2007; "Navigating the IT Outsourcing and Procurement Process," chapter, CIO Wisdom II: More Best Practices – Harris Kern Enterprise Computing Institute, 2006; and "Securing the Whole Enterprise: Business and Legal Issues," an article he co-wrote with Thomas Costello, IT Professional, 2006
- Can be contacted at 215-514-8736 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.