How do these accounting areas impact the financial statements beyond GASB 34?
In order to fully understand the GASB 34 reporting model you need to understand these different types of transactions. Our speaker reviews deferred inflows and outflows of resources, capital assets, pension costs and liabilities, OPEB costs and liabilities, and interest rate swaps. This video provides examples of these accounting areas as well as reviews other changes under GASB 65.
Warren Ruppel, CPA
Marks Paneth LLP
- Managing Director with CBIZ Marks Paneth, part of a Top Ten accounting firm
- Author of CCH’s Knowledge-Based Audits of Not-for-Profit Organizations; Wiley’s Not-for-Profit Accounting Made Easy; and Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices
- Formerly the assistant comptroller of accounting for the city of New York, with overall responsibility for the city’s accounting and financial reporting
- Earlier in career with KPMG and Deloitte & Touche, serving numerous public sector not-for-profit and government audit clients
- Former board member and chair of the audit committee of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Appears quarterly as the government specialist on the CPA report distributed by SmartPros
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.