Before any disciplinary act or termination, ask yourself who will the ultimate audience be?
The ultimate audience is likely to be a judge or a jury. And the next question to ask is how will we get them on our side? At the end of the day, they jury will want to see that you treated the employee fairly, that you were consistent in your disciplinary actions, and that the punishment fit the crime. This video reviews the importance of having disciplinary and termination meeting documentation and a timely final paycheck and discusses post-termination issues.
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder and former managing shareholder of the Los Angeles office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment and labor law, with an emphasis on providing day-to-day advice and counsel to Human Resources and in-house legal teams
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous effective performance management, employment discrimination, ADA and FMLA compliance, and wage/hour compliance
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of managing employment and labor law
- Member of the University of South Carolina women’s basketball team
- Member of the California, New York and South Carolina Bar Associations, California Super Lawyer, Fellow in the ABA College of Labor & Employment Law, and Fellow in the ABA Foundation
- J.D. degree, University of South Carolina; B.A. degree, University of South Carolina
- Can be contacted at 213-438-1297 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.