Concrete cracks are expected. Knowing why it cracked takes an expert.
The two major types of concrete damage are due to structural cracking or material deterioration. And it’s not always apparent which type of damage it is until one gets into the project. There are common signs of damage for either structural issues or material deterioration. A concrete expert can troubleshoot the problem and start the road to repair.
Matthew R. Sherman, P.E., F.ACI
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc
- Principal at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. with more than 20 years of experience in the construction industry, professionally licensed in Massachusetts and seven other states
- Project manager on numerous projects involving concrete materials, deleterious reactions in concrete, nondestructive testing, failure investigation, and repair of reinforced concrete, steel, and masonry structures
- Group leader of a team of structural engineers, materials engineers, chemists, and petrographers investigating failures nationwide
- Member of the International Concrete Repair Institute’s Technical Activities Committee that reviews and oversees the work of all ICRI technical committees
- Member of numerous other organizations including the American Concrete Institute, Concrete Society, American Welding Society and the International Concrete Repair Institute
- Written extensively on the topics of concrete materials and durability, diagnosis of concrete failure, preparation of concrete for repair, and selection of repair materials
- Speaker at World of Concrete, NACE conferences, Concrete Industry Board, ICRI national conventions, international conferences, regional DOT meetings, and ACI national conventions
- Articles have been featured in publications such as NACE Proceedings, Concrete International, The Construction Specifier, ASCE Fifth Congress on Forensic Engineering, Concrete Construction, and the ICRI Concrete Repair Bulletin
- M.S. degree, civil engineering, structural, The University of Texas at Austin; B.S. degree, civil engineering, Cornell University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.