Review key sections to be included in both the RFP and the scoring matrix.
The RFP document usually includes information on the company/agency and the department’s mission, a brief description of the project, a list of mandatory requirements for all vendor’s to meet, and technical scoring criteria and informational response section. The matrix and RFP are drafted together to ensure that the answers scored in the matrix appear as questions in the RFP. Mandatory requirements are evaluated on a pass/fail basis but are not included in the scoring criteria. Proposals meeting mandatory requirements are scored against the matrix. Depending on the value to be placed on the technical portion of the RFP, costs should be at least 30% of the total scoring criteria. Watch this video for details on the RFP evaluation process and how to develop a scoring sheet.
Kenneth M. Jones
- Past purchasing officer, worked part-time for the SUNY Center for International Development with their program in Kenya, Africa
- Has trained many university staff on procurement rules and regulations
- Established online ordering processes with vendors ranging from office supplies to lab chemicals and continues to provide training in his current position to procurement staff in Nairobi, Kenya
- More than 30 years of experience working in the public and nonprofit procurement field
- Previous purchasing experience included procuring commodities, services, and construction for the departments on campus
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on various procurement topics
- Past purchasing assistant for the New York State Office of Taxation and Finance
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 518-875-6854
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.