What part does the national average wage index play?
Social Security retirement benefits, our speaker deems this the American workers’ greatest investment. However, dire predictions have recently been published about the collapse of the system, but are those predictions really warranted? This video give a brief overview from the beginning of social security, and discusses the procedure for the determination of benefits and reviews the windfall elimination provision.
Robert Muksian, Ph.D.
- Professor Emeritus, mathematics department at Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Past consultant to pension consultants for pre and post-retirement planning, attorneys at law and money managers
- Publications include, Zero Risk - Market Returns for the Ultra Conservative Investor, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Planning Association, January 2009; Calculating Break-even Ages for Delaying Social Security Beyond the Normal Retirement Age, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Planning Association, March 2006; The Best Day of the Year to Invest, AAII Journal, American Association of Individual Investors, February 2006; The Effect of Retirement under Social Security at Age 62, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Planning Association, January 2004; Delaying Social Security beyond Normal Retirement, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Planning Association, March 2006; Social Security Benefits at 65: Delay or Take the Money and Run, AAII Journal, American Association of Individual Investors, August 2000; Financial Mathematics Handbook, Prentice-Hall, 1994; Mathematics of Interest Rates, Insurance, Social Security, and Pensions, Prentice-Hall, October, 2002; and Applied Interest Theory, Cengage Learning, 2016
- Bryant University Distinguished Faculty Award in 2005 and the Bryant Federation Distinguished Faculty Award in 2004
- Certificate of appreciation for establishing the actuarial mathematics major at Bryant University, 1982
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; past member Financial Planning Association and American Association of Individual Investors
- B.S.M.E. and M.S. degrees in mechanical engineering; Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering and applied mechanics, University of Rhode Island
- Can be contacted at 401-203-6900, 401-781-1032 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.