Become familiar with the two types of depreciation systems under MACRS.
The first type of depreciation system is a General Depreciation System, which is the default convention. The other type of depreciation system is the Alternative Depreciation System. Assets will always be depreciated under the GDS method unless you have to depreciate under the ADS, or you choose to. This video reviews these two types of depreciation systems and the steps to take to get started under MACRS.
Dawn Polin, CPA
- Senior manager, credits & accounting methods in Cherry Bekaert’s specialty tax group
- Focuses primarily on cost segregation studies, energy studies, and recently implemented tangible property regulations, as well as the federal and multistate taxation of closely-held and private equity/venture capital-owned companies
- More than 18 years of experience
- B.B.A. degree, University of Georgia; M.Acc. degree, University of Florida
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 919-782-1040
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.