Review the rules of the road ... civil rules applicable to depositions.
Generally, depositions are governed by Rule 30 and state court rules are modeled after this rule. Before handling a deposition it is important to check for any local rules relevant to depositions as well to avoid any embarrassment down the road in front of an incredibly full docket and busy judge. This video discusses notice and limitations and reviews tips on taking the deposition and how to handle objections at the time of the examination and whether you may move to terminate or limit the deposition.
Law Office of J.D. Smith PLLC
- Veteran personal injury attorney at Law Office of J.D. Smith, PLLC
- Prior claims adjuster, underwriter and defense attorney
- 60 civil jury trials to verdict; more than 100 arbitrations and more than 1,000 depositions
- Former member of the American Bar Association (ABA) House of Delegates; former president of the Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division; advocate member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Professionalism Award, Washington State Association of Justice (WSAJ)
- Instructor for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- J.D. degree, Texas A&M School of Law, undergraduate degree, Texas Wesleyan University
- Can be contacted at 206-588-8530 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.