Learn how the definition of the Waters of the United States has evolved over time.
There have been significant developments relating to the extent of the Clean Water Act jurisdiction. The question of which waters are Waters of the United States and subject to regulation under the Clean Water Act is something that has been struggled with for a long time. This video reviews the background of WOTUS and the recent Corps of Engineers and EPA rule made earlier this year.
Adam G. Sowatzka, Esq.
King & Spalding
- Partner on the Environmental Health & Safety team at King & Spalding with a national environmental law practice
- Extensive experience managing and defending environmental enforcement actions, including Clean Water Act, wetlands, storm water, NPDES, pretreatment, etc.; hazardous waste; air; EPCRA; and CERCLA cases
- Counsel for Fortune 100 companies in managing environmental crises, such as regulatory crisis, emerging contaminants such as perfluorinated chemicals, and environmental crisis such as catastrophic explosions, fires, releases, and spills
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Georgia Super Lawyers as a leading practitioner in environmental compliance and related litigation
- Former associate regional counsel with the Environmental Protection Agency and recipient of three Bronze Medals for Commendable Service from the U.S. EPA Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Vermont Law School; M.S.E.L. degree, magna cum laude, Vermont Law School; B.S. degree, cum laude, political science (with distinction) and environmental policy and planning, University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
John L. Fortuna, Esq.
King & Spalding
- Counsel on the Environmental Health & Safety team at King & Spalding with a national environmental law practice
- Represents clients in complex environmental matters in federal and state court, as well as state administrative proceedings
- Has substantial experience permitting and defending water rights and water supply projects for municipal and industrial clients, and in the defense of government enforcement actions and citizen suits under both the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act
- Frequently litigates cases and advises clients on Endangered Species Act and National Environmental Policy Act issues; he has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for his work in environmental and natural resources litigation
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude and order of the coif, University of Georgia; B.S. degree, cum laude, Wake Forest University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.