Determine if progressive design-build is right for your project.
Progressive design-build has its advantages and its disadvantages. It has a single point of responsibility, an accelerated schedule, and promotes innovation during design. However, progressive design-build is also perceived to have a lack of competitive selection by governing bodies, and the construction pricing is established after design-build selection. This video reviews the advantages and disadvantages of the progressive design-build approach.
Larry P. Johnson, PE, DBIA, PMP
HDR Engineering Inc.
- Vice President, HDR Engineering Inc.
- 39 years of program management, project management, design, construction management and design-build experience in the water and wastewater industry throughout the U.S., Australia and Europe
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of alternative delivery including progressive design-build, fixed price design-build and construction management at risk
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops for HDR clients on alternative delivery
- Teaches HDR’s alternative delivery course for HDR employees practicing in architecture, transportation, water and resources business groups
- Author of several publications and papers in the area of project delivery, construction management and project controls
- Member of DBIA, Project Management Institute, Water Design-Build Council (first vice president and treasurer), and Chi Epsilon
- B.S. degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 925-202-7837
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.