Which forum is right for you?
If you are a litigator and have a history with being in court, there are different considerations when it comes to selecting the forum. Whether you want to be in federal court or state court, you may have grappled with the choice between the two options. There are very key differences between litigating in federal court versus state court. Different procedures, rules of civil procedure apply in each forum, different rules of evidence, different schedules, even the judges may have different backgrounds. This video reviews the different considerations for federal or state courts, and for domestic and international arbitration forums.
Howard S. Suskin
Jenner & Block LLP
- Partner in Jenner & Block LLP’s litigation department
- Substantial first-chair experience representing individuals and business entities in civil and criminal securities matters
- Co-chair of Jenner & Block LLP’s class action and securities litigation practices
- Members of the Leading Lawyers Network have consistently recognized his work in several areas, including class actions, commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and securities and venture financing law
- Been named one of the Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation
- Illinois Super Lawyer named him a Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyer eight times
- He is on the faculty of Practicing Law Institute; and has lectured extensively; instructed legal writing at the University of Michigan Law School; and has published numerous treatises and articles on issues relating to arbitrations, class actions and securities law, including serving as editor and co-writer of the West Publishing Illinois Civil Litigation Guide, Moore’s Federal Civil Motion Practice and Pretrial Civil Litigation, the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education Treatise on Class Actions, and the ABA’s Annual Survey of State Class Action Litigation
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Michigan Law School; graduate, with distinction, elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.