Who enforces this statute?
The United States Department of Labor is charged with general enforcement of the Davis-Bacon Act, which includes investigating and prosecuting violations, administrative proceedings by WHD, and litigation by the Secretary of Labor; they are responsible for adopting rules and regulations necessary for interpretation of the Davis-Bacon Act; and they issue general wage determinations. In the past, investigations were initiated by contracting officers or complaints made to the Department of Labor. Under the Obama Administration, investigations were often self-initiated by the DOL, which resulted in a significant increase in the number of investigations. The Obama Administration expected a significant increase in the number of debarred government contractors – and there was! This video reviews what to expect during a DOL investigation and discusses penalties for noncompliance.
Van Allyn Goodwin, Esq.
Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Senior shareholder and attorney with Littler Mendelson P.C., the largest global employment and labor law practice devoted exclusively to representing management with more than 1,500 attorneys in 80 offices throughout the world
- Practice includes all aspects of employment and labor relations law, with an emphasis on wage and hour laws, including both federal and State prevailing wage laws
- Regularly advises employers regarding employment and labor relations matters and represents employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, and in arbitrations
- Conducts seminars and workshops on emerging employment law topics, including wage and hour (including prevailing wage laws), wrongful termination, sexual harassment, employment discrimination and labor relations law
- Author of several publications related to the areas of wage and hour law, including prevailing wage and public works contracts
- San Diego Super Lawyer since 2016, Top Attorney in San Diego for Employment Law (Wage and Hour) since 2013, and Top-Rated Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law by The American Lawyer and Martindale-Hubbell™ since 2013
- Member of the State Bar of California since 1980, and admitted to practice before all State and federal courts in the State of California, and the United States Supreme Court
- J.D. degree, University of San Diego School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, California State University, Long Beach
- Can be contacted at 619-515-1803 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.