Learn about issues in data clauses and compliance with law, particularly privacy law.
There are fundamental privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA that cover general data. In addition to these general data laws, there are also laws that are specific to one type of data or another like HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or financial statutes like the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Very often what you have in your data clauses is a simple promise to comply with applicable law governing the customer's data and often that will be adequate. However, if you are the vendor you may want to consider exceptions. This video reviews GDPR privacy policies, contract disclosures and contract restrictions on processor issues.
David W. Tollen
Sycamore Legal, P.C.
- Author of The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople, the number one bestseller from the IP section of the American Bar Association
- Instructor at U.C. Berkeley Law School
- Attorney practicing IT contracts, privacy, and intellectual property law
- Expert witness
- Founder of Sycamore Legal, P.C., a boutique law firm in San Francisco
- Founder of Tech Contracts Academy, a training company focused on IT contracts
- LL.M. degree, Cambridge University, England; J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, U.C. Berkeley
- Can be contacted through www.SycamoreLegal.com or www.TechContracts.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.