Learn about the problems with ownership.
The data clause is the fundamental change clause that you get with the rise of cloud computing and the end of the world of all software being on premise. In a cloud services agreement, the software or other technology is not loaded onto the customer's computer, it is on the vendor's computer and the vendor runs it as a service to the customer through the cloud with remote access for use. That means that now the customer's data is on the vendor's computers. This is where trouble can occur. This video reviews the importance of data control and restrictions on use of the data the is obtained.
David W. Tollen
Sycamore Legal, P.C.
- Author of The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople, the number one bestseller from the IP section of the American Bar Association
- Instructor at U.C. Berkeley Law School
- Attorney practicing IT contracts, privacy, and intellectual property law
- Expert witness
- Founder of Sycamore Legal, P.C., a boutique law firm in San Francisco
- Founder of Tech Contracts Academy, a training company focused on IT contracts
- LL.M. degree, Cambridge University, England; J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, U.C. Berkeley
- Can be contacted through www.SycamoreLegal.com or www.TechContracts.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.