Learn how the SECURE Act has open to the door to creative planning.
When the SECURE Act was passed there was a lot of discussion of what could be done with estate planning. What other strategies could be used that would help to defer the tax longer than the 10 years offered in the Act, or what could be done to mitigate the problem where clients are stuck with a trust’s tax rate? This video reviews some of those ideas including charitable remainder trusts and discusses if Section 678 trusts may be a better option.
Jonathan G. Blattmachr
- Principal at InterActive Legal
- More than 45 years of experience in trusts and estates law
- Former partner in Milbank (formerly, Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy) in New York
- Admitted to the bars in New York, California, and Alaska
- Wrote or co-wrote nine books and more than 500 articles on estate planning topics
- Writes and lectures extensively on estate and income tax planning, as well as charitable giving
- Editor of Wealth Transfer Planning and founder of InterActive Legal - www.interactivelegal.com
Teresa L. Bush, Esq.
- More than 30 years of experience in trusts and estates law
- Director of Education and Support Services for InterActive Legal
- Former attorney with Kelly, Hart, and Hallman in Fort Worth, Texas, and tax consultant with Ernst & Young
- Author of several articles/blogs on estate planning topics
- Frequent presenter of online webinars and training classes, including “Effect of Recent Events on Estate Planning, “Estate Planning Before 2026 (and Beyond) for Married Couples,” “Restructuring Trusts for the New Tax Law: Trusts under the SECURE Act”
- Graduate, Rice University and University of Texas School of Law
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.