What construction projects are covered by the Davis-Bacon Act?
Contracts in excess of $2,000 to which the federal government or District of Columbia is a party for construction, alteration or repair of public buildings and public works of the Federal Government or the District of Columbia are covered by the Davis-Bacon Act. As are federally funded or assisted contracts under statutes which adopt Davis-Bacon requirements, including projects outside the 50 States and District of Columbia. This video reviews basic coverage criteria, employees that are covered, and compliance requirements under the Davis-Bacon Act.
Van Allyn Goodwin, Esq.
Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Senior shareholder and attorney with Littler Mendelson P.C., the largest global employment and labor law practice devoted exclusively to representing management with more than 1,500 attorneys in 80 offices throughout the world
- Practice includes all aspects of employment and labor relations law, with an emphasis on wage and hour laws, including both federal and State prevailing wage laws
- Regularly advises employers regarding employment and labor relations matters and represents employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, and in arbitrations
- Conducts seminars and workshops on emerging employment law topics, including wage and hour (including prevailing wage laws), wrongful termination, sexual harassment, employment discrimination and labor relations law
- Author of several publications related to the areas of wage and hour law, including prevailing wage and public works contracts
- San Diego Super Lawyer since 2016, Top Attorney in San Diego for Employment Law (Wage and Hour) since 2013, and Top-Rated Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law by The American Lawyer and Martindale-Hubbell™ since 2013
- Member of the State Bar of California since 1980, and admitted to practice before all State and federal courts in the State of California, and the United States Supreme Court
- J.D. degree, University of San Diego School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, California State University, Long Beach
- Can be contacted at 619-515-1803 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.