What is the best way to handle legally mandated deductions?
Whether it is a garnishment, child support, the IRS, or other deductions, employers should know how to handle each of these deductions correctly. However, employers often make mistakes when it comes to court ordered deductions from paychecks, particularly with garnishments. In some states, garnishing from an employee’s paycheck is not permissible. Do you know what the rules are in your state? This video reviews different types of deductions and whether or not you need employee authorization.
Frank L. Kollman
Kollman & Saucier, P.A.
- Partner of Kollman & Saucier, P.A., founded 1988
- Established management labor and employment law attorney and litigator
- Lectures nationally on labor law, employment discrimination, and occupational safety and health
- Contributing editor, Developing Labor Law, publication of the American Bar Association
- Has achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory®
- Former member, Maryland Board of Public Accountancy
- J.D. degree, Syracuse University College of Law; B.A. degree, The Johns Hopkins University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.