How do you differentiate between a direct and indirect expense?
Direct expenses are usually the big three – labor, material and equipment; however you can include other fees and subcontractors as part of the main direct expenses as well. Indirect expenses include project overhead, contingencies, inflation and escalation. This video reviews allocation of expenses and risk; and also discusses labor analysis, and how to organize the estimate.
Saleh A. Mubarak, Ph. D.
- Construction project management professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- Over 30 years of diversified experience in academic and industrial, U.S. and international, public and private sectors
- Expert in construction project planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and project controls; also an expert in construction project management
- Author of two books, Construction Project Scheduling and Control and How to Estimate with RSMeans Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction; and many publications and articles in the general area of construction project management as well as life management
- Speaks at professional conferences and events on technical and non-technical topics
- Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and former member of the AACE International
- Ph.D. degree in civil engineering and specialized in construction project management; M.Sc. degree in civil engineering and specialized in structures and mechanics; B.S. degree in civil engineering
- Can be contacted at 813-455-9338, [email protected], LinkedIn® https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=7647185&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile, and books page http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-302475.html?query=Saleh+A.+Mubarak
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.