Make sure you provide sufficient resources to answer all RFIs.
If an issue requires longer to answer inform the contractor prior to response due date and outline timeline for response. Contractors should have their own engineers/professionals capable of reading the contract documents. Ensure responses are distributed to all affected parties. Don’t wait to issue an RFI until it’s on the critical path or the activity is critical. This video reviews best practices to ensure you are handling RFIs appropriately while keeping in mind that RFI’s are intended to provide interpretations or clarifications.
- Claims analyst in Arcadis’ Contract Solutions group
- More than 28 years of experience in the construction industry
- Spent the last 15 years analyzing and reviewing construction claims from the beginning stages through trial support
- Involved with the evaluation of claims on numerous types of projects, including the evaluation of schedule impacts, analysis of damage claims and calculations, cost estimating, defective construction, and mediation and claims negotiation
- Prior to joining Arcadis he spent his career as a project superintendent working for a heavy highway contractor, estimator for a bituminous concrete and aggregate producer, and a project engineer for a general contractor focusing on K-12 construction
- B.S. degree, Central Connecticut State University
- Can be contacted at 860-503-1514 or [email protected]
- Senior claims analyst in Arcadis’ Contract Solutions group
- More than 8 years of experience in the construction industry
- Performs schedule reviews for complex transportation, infrastructure, and building projects across the Northeast
- Performs forensic delay analyses for construction claims
- Prior to joining Arcadis, he spent his career in the offshore oil and gas industry working for Chevron as an assistant project manager, project engineer and field engineer
- Graduated, with First Class Honors, University of Western Australia with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a bachelor's degree in commerce
- Can be contacted at 860-503-1427 or [email protected]
- Senior project manager with Arcadis
- 13 years of experience in the construction industry
- Has worked on various projects, with project management responsibilities that have included scheduling, project buyout, submittals and document control, field coordination, pre-construction services, move management, project closeout, and cost control
- Member of the Construction Management Association of America and the Connecticut Green Building Council
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management from Central Connecticut State
- Can be contacted at 860-503-1508 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.