Understand the unique nature of construction payment issues.
The first principle is that the nature of the particular problem you have determines the next steps. Proper handling of the issue from the beginning increases your chances of recovering the money you are owed quickly and at the lowest possible cost. Besides some of the things that can be done on the front end of asserting these remedies, you will need a lawyer to play through and handles most aspects of using payment remedies. This video reviews the nature of the problems and how to avoid them, possible solutions when you can’t, and common defenses against payment claims.
Paul W. Berning, Esq.
Law Offices of Paul W. Berning
- Experienced arbitrator, mediator and dispute review board member
- Member: American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Neutrals for Arbitrations, American Arbitration Association’s Panel of Mediators, Caltrans Dispute Resolution Board Candidates List
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Managing partner of the Law Offices of Paul W. Berning in the San Francisco area since 2011
- Partner in the construction practice groups of two national law firms for more than two decades before founding his own firm
- More than 33 years of experience in construction law
- Frequently represent clients in arbitrations and mediations
- Represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, design professionals, suppliers and construction managers in trials, arbitrations, mediations; negotiates contracts; and provides counseling before, during and after construction projects
- Practice includes resolving construction disputes involving payment issues; financing; terminations for default; claims for extra work, delay, disruption and lost efficiency; defective work
- Extensive experience in counseling clients on complying with contractor and design professional licensing requirements and in representing clients in court, administrative and arbitration proceedings involving licensing claims and disputes
- Can be contacted at 510-863-8118 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.