Payment is always an interesting issue when it comes to a contract.
When putting a contract together it’s vital to clarify the what the payment framework is. Is it being paid as a lump sum or fixed fee? What about the costs of the work and those fees? Does the general contractor have additional fees to be paid? This video reviews contingencies, shared savings on basic services and additional services; and finally proof of funding.
Ira M. Schulman
Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Partner with Pepper Hamilton LLP (New York office)
- Concentrates in construction law, for more than 35 years, focusing on all areas of dispute resolution and the drafting and negotiation of full range of construction contracts
- Represents owners and contractors in all aspects of the contracting process on public and private works projects throughout the New York City metropolitan area
- Led construction contract negotiations for many high profile projects including Trump Hotel and Towers, Chicago and numerous commercial and residential construction projects for owners and major general contractors; former special construction counsel to Westchester County, New York
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (top 10 construction attorneys in New York City), The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers (New York City)
- J.D. degree, Georgetown University; B.A. degree, Lehigh University
- Can be contacted at 212-808-2718 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.